Washington State Office of Financial Management
P.O. Box 43113
Olympia, WA 98504-3113
- Answers any general questions you may have regarding the Office of Financial Management;
- Includes executive management for OFM; and
- Provides operational support to all programs within the agency.
- Develops legislative proposals to support policy goals and initiatives of the Governor and executive branch agencies; and
- Reviews and analyzes legislation.
- Performs an ongoing role in planning, analyzing, and implementing the state's operating, transportation, and capital budgets;
- Responsible for making budget recommendations to the Governor and presenting the Governor's budget proposal to the Legislature and the public; and
- Monitors state agency activities for conformance with executive and legislative intent after budgets are approved by the Legislature.
- Provides financial direction through state accounting policies and supporting state agencies with administering those policies through training and consulting services;
- Implements state and national administrative and accounting initiatives;
- Promotes accountability in state agencies; and
- Meets reporting needs of our customers.
- Develops official state and local population estimates for use in the allocation of certain state revenues;
- Develops the official state and local population forecasts for use in growth management and other planning functions;
- Conducts research on factors affecting the expenditures and caseloads for major state social service, higher education, criminal justice and other programs and provides information and analytic support to the Caseload Forecast Council;
- Develops medium-term and long-range economic, revenue, expenditure limit, and budget pressure forecasts to support fiscal planning;
- Analyzes impact of tax and revenue policy options; and
- Provides staff support to the I-601 Expenditure Limit Committee.
TTY/TDD: Washington Relay Service at 711 or 1-800-833-6388.
Employee Services Director
Listing of staff agency assignments
Agency contacts for Policy, Budget, Accounting, Small Agency Client Services (SACs), Risk Management and Contracts.